Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Writing Prompt - Shiny Things

I hope you had fun writing about Shiny Things. I did! If you've written and posted your poem on your blog, please leave the permalink in Mr. Linky. If you haven't written yet, go write and then come back to leave your permalink. It doesn't have to be today - I'll wait for you. I can't wait to read everyone's poems!

Update - I really need a Mr. Linky lesson! If someone out there could help me out, I would be very grateful.

Here are mine:

Sun glints on french horn
Christmas jingles beckoning
Coins dropped in pail

~~~

Pulled from rinse water
Tumbler glides from soapy hand
Scattered shards of glass

~~~

Miniscule balls
Gathered together form one
Mercury sphere

(I know this last one is missing a syllable in the last line, but I still thought it sounded good this way.)

Your turn!

9 comments:

Beverly said...

This was fun, Tiffany. Thanks for the idea. I love the poems you shared.

I tried the Mr. Linky, but I do not know if it worked. If not, maybe you can help.

Bev

Anonymous said...

Hi Tiffany! Thanks for stopping by my blog, it seems we are kindred spirits with poetry and Pooh and all. I like your writing prompt so I'll work on it and get back to you if Evie lets me get it done :)

Anonymous said...

Done! http://cliobaby.blogspot.com/2008/12/shiny.html

Queenie Jeannie said...

No talent here, but you did a great job!!

Thanks for the well wishes!

Aunt Julie said...

I love haiku, but I'm not up to snuff recently...desperately need some practice! If you go to Mr. Linky's site, he'll walk you through it. And, it's free! http://www.blenza.com/linkies/

Heather said...

i like those! i wish i had visited when you had first put it up. i might have tried...

Jenners said...

Hi--Stopping by to visit and check out your blog after you visited mine! This is a lovely blog and I'll be back when it is a less crazy time! Your poems are cool and I love Classic Pooh (I really don't like what Disney has done to him). I hope to participate in future things on your blog!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your poems.

Happy Holidays.

claire said...

hi tiffany! love your pieces! and i love love that you're hosting this writing prompt. i love haiku but the last time i wrote one was over ten years ago. until now. thank you and here's my shiny things haiku:

http://dreamsongpoem.blogspot.com/2008/12/white-christmas.html