Friday, December 12, 2008

Open Letter to the Impatient Woman

Dear Impatient Woman,

I'm so sorry that you found yourself waiting behind my car on a busy Friday night only 13 days before Christmas. I know that you also were waiting to turn left onto a busy road and traffic was backing up. You must have had lots of shopping to get done. I understand that you got fed up with waiting on me to have enough space to pull out. I'm okay with you deciding to go around me and take another route.

But was it really necessary to "point 1 with your finger", as my six year old daughter saw you do? Really, did you have to use a vulgar gesture to express the fact that you had spent an extra sixty seconds in traffic?

For you, dear impatient woman, I wish all the joys of Christmas. I hope that you find peace and fulfillment and happiness. I pray your heart will overflow with love and joy. And when it does, please pass this love along to others. You have shown that your heart is in great need of the love that Christmas brings.

Please pass this love on, when God showers it on your heart. I'll pray that you won't be so hard hearted as to turn the love away when it is given.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a patient, happy New Year,
Tiffany

13 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

You are a much nicer person than I am!!! I really love your open letters hun!

Cammie said...

I have found that there is nothing quite like holiday driver.....

Anonymous said...

Did you really react so nonchalantly at the time or did you have time to calm down? I am so very impressed with you.

LORI said...

THAT'S THE SPIRIT, AMEN! THANKS FOR VISITING MY BLOG, LOVE YOUR FOOD BLOG, TOO!

Aunt Julie said...

The Impatient Woman should be rewarded with having to take the bus to the mall from now on. I would suspend her driving/parking privileges. She certainly doesn't deserve anything more than coal in her stocking!

Ronnica said...

It's crazy how outraged we can get by someone in traffic, isn't it? It's like we don't view each other as people, just objects in our way.

LOL, the word verification is "trying." Yes, word verification, you are very trying.

Heather said...

oh, holiday drivers. drivers in general though.

i will admit i am often an impatient driver, but i'd never use obscene gestures. i've never liked it when people do it to me, so why do it to someone else?

(yes, one time a woman was nice enough to speed around me, slam on her breaks, honk her horn and flip me off all at the same time because i didn't get out of the passing lane quick enough for her...)

Cathy said...

Good for you! Love your letter! Thanks for stopping by my place. It's great to meet ya!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love the letter. You're a fantastic writer! And I really admire your calmness!

Mandy said...

Good for you. She is the one stressed out, not you. Although, I would have been a little peeved if she did that to me and my kids were in the car. Oh well.

Tabitha Blue said...

Great letter to an impatient woman!!!! It's definitely not easy to be that nice when someone is so rude!! Way to go!!

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

Anti-Supermom said...

but, now there only 9 days until Christmas -

we have to get it all done, right?!

Thanks for the bloggy visit, SITSa

Anonymous said...

I like your letter.

I find it really satisfying to write letters in my blog too.