Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Haiku Writing Prompt - Shiny Things

Shiny Things will be the first writing prompt on my blog. You can write haiku or other poetry. I am no expert in writing of any kind, but I love to play with it. Please play along!

Traditionally, haiku is made up of three lines (5 syllables, 7 syllables, 5 syllables). It's fun and kind of addictive to fit your idea into that form. Get out your Thesaurus and have at it!

I'll post a Mr. Linky on Thursday for you to link up your poem on your blog. This will be my first time to use Mr. Linky on my site, so bear with me!

Now, I'm off to write my own Shiny Things haiku! Don't forget to share your poems on Thursday (or any day after that)!

6 comments:

Tabitha Blue said...

Ohh, that sounds like fun!!!! Not sure what I can do... but I'll try to come up with something!

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

Beverly said...

I am really not a poet, but I am going to try with this one. I have a funny story to share, too.

When I was in middle school, we were studying forms of poetry. One boy in my class wrote the following.

I don't like haiku.
It is for the birds and you.
I do not like it.

My teacher was not amused, but the rest of us laughed. It fits the requirements, and obviously it stuck with me.

I can't remember to bring the diaper bag when I go out, but I remember a silly poem from 6th grade. :-)

By the way, I don't know what Mr. Linky is, but it looks like I have a lot to learn from you!

Bev

Tiffany said...

Bev, I love that haiku! Funny story.

As for Mr. Linky, I don't know if I'll be able to figure it out or not, but we'll made do if I can't.

E. Sloane Cannon said...

Thanks for checking out my blog! The Haiku prompt sounds fun. I actually, jokingly, wrote one the other day when I was bored at work...weird that I then came across your prompt! I'll see what I can come up with!

Rhea said...

Decorated tree
shiny balls hung barely
please keep cats away


It'll be fun to see what people come up with!

Anonymous said...

pat haiku prompt. Done today.
http://www.elftea.com/2009/01/haiku-writing-assignment-shiny-things.html