Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Teaser Tuesdays

I just discovered a blog last night called Should Be Reading - wonderful blog! And she hosts Teaser Tuesdays.

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
Please avoid spoilers!

Pipe dreams he thought to himself, even while he was telling her about his dream winnings. But oh, how wonderful, he though, if everthing you talked about could come true! - A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Betty Smith pg. 34

For more teasers, go here.

9 comments:

Wendi said...

Welcome to Teaser Tuesday - it is SO much fun to read everyone's teasers!!

Ohh - if only the good things could come true!! I could really enjoy that. Here's my Teaser!

:) Wendi

The Bumbles said...

I have this on my to read pile as a re-read. I was much younger the first time around and don't recall much at all. I have a feeling I would treasure it more this time.

I didn't post a Teaser this week as I have been posting from the same Roth book the last 2 weeks and am growing tired of it so didn't want to subject anyone else to further quotes! But I do love Teaser Tuesdays - I can't tell you how large my reading pile has grown because of it!

Nise' said...

Glad you joined in this week! I read this book a couple of months ago and enjoyed it.

claire said...

Thanks for dropping by! And thanks for the teaser. I've been meaning to read that book.. don't know when I'll get around to it. :)

Mo said...

That's one of those books I've always MEANT to read, but never got around to it...great teaser; hope you're enjoying the story.

Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Green said...

visiting from SITS-Merry Christmas

Erica said...

Great Teaser! I just realized I didn't put details about Teaser Tuesdays in my post, next week I guess! Have a Merry Christmas!

CynthiaK said...

Sounds like an interesting one. Must put that on the list...

Merry Christmas from Crumbs!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love that book...just thinking of it takes me waaaay back to 6th grade. Thanks for that :)