Monday, January 5, 2009

Haiku Writing Prompt - Building


The writing prompt for this week is "Building". You can treat this as noun or verb. Write haiku or another form of poetry and come back on Wednesday to post the link to your poem on your blog. You can also post your link after Wednesday - I'm not strict on deadlines around here.

The barn picture is one I took from a moving car as we drove along I-75 (no, I was not the one driving!). My husband got me a new camara for Christmas and I have loved playing with it.

Now, I'm off to write my haiku for this prompt. I can't wait to read all of yours!

10 comments:

Jenners said...

I love that photo! Can't believe you took it from a moving car! The juxtaposition of the blue sky and the red barn is great!

Looking forward to seeing your haiku!

Anonymous said...

It is a great photo! I'll definitely work on this prompt, but it might take me a little longer than the "deadline." :)

claire said...

congrats on the camera! i'm sure you'll enjoy it a lot! my husband gave me my camera last year about this time too. i'll be back on wednesday for sure. happy new year! :D

Anonymous said...

I love haikus. Hope you get a button for your prompts. I would put it on my blog like Mama Kats

Aunt Julie said...

Red barn seen from the hot road-
I'm thirsty right now.
Christmas. Family.

Is that a Haiku? I'm not sure, so thought I'd try it out here, first!

Tiffany said...

Elftea - a button for the prompts would be cool! I'll have to give that some thought.

Veggie Mom - traditionally, haiku follows a 5-7-5 syllable pattern, but I'm all for breaking the rules and switching things up. That's part of what makes it fun!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's "building" haiku/poem. I worked on mine last night, but still have to finish.

Tiffany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenners said...

Hey--I just saw this on another blog and thought of you. Don't know if you've seen it but you might be interested:

http://www.insearchofgiants.com/2009/01/announcing-2009-writers-challenge.html

RebeccaMom said...

There is something so wonderfully beautiful about barns! Great photo:) I don't really know why, but I adore barns. Maybe I should try my hand at haiku about them...

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.